So Grandma, Uncle D and Aunt Ricky made the 1000 mile journey through snow and ice.....to see baby Cora! It stinks to be so far from family but on weeks like this when it'll be 9 degrees in the IL and 59 in FL, I think most of ya'll understand. The kids are looking forward to playing with Uncle D over the next week and I'm sure we'll get plenty of pics. This was one of the calmer moments of the night ;-) Did I say the kids were excited to see Uncle D?
Uncle D is my (Dale's) little bro and just turned 16 a couple weeks ago. He is a volunteer Jr. Firefighter in the small town of Amboy, IL. He's been through basic EMT training and went out on his first house fire call a couple nights ago. I don't know if I'd have volunteered to go out at 12am, in freezing temps, to fight a fire. At 16! And then..... to hear on their way down today an old timer fell asleep at the wheel, just in front of them on the interstate, and crashed pretty bad. Uncle D was the first on the scene checking vitals and making sure everyone was ok (I think they were). Pretty impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment